What Can You Do When You Feel Judged All The Time?
How does it relate to feeling judged?
People can be paralyzed by this feeling. They blame it on their strict religious background, or having the most judgmental and self-righteous parents on the planet. This is how we learn to judge ourselves. This is how we know others are judging!
Even if we are able to leave that environment, we still can feel judged.
This is how I liberated myself from it.
If you know the feeling of being and feeling judged, you know how it can ruin your day.
You go quietly about your day, and there it is. The voice. The memory… Yup, this person would disapprove… that person would say those mean words. You even see them walking around their house, shaking their head in disbelief and condemnation, wishing you would finally see what a moron you are and came to them for life’s advice. When it happens to me, I wonder if I’m even capable of tying my own shoes! (of course they don’t do it! They are busy wondering who judges them:)
Few months ago a major judgement attack hacked my whole system.
I was baking a cake… then another cake… And for the whole time I heard in my head how I cannot bake a cake. As a result one cake was a bigger mess than the other.
So after releasing a river of tears
…something happened beyond logic. People asked what is wrong. And I answered. I let myself express the nonsense after nonsense I believed in. As I heard myself saying the nonsense I became free of the judgement, which was nothing more than a ghost from the past.
Few days later I was doing something and as I observed my thoughts, I noticed that even the “normal” judgement was not there. I even looked for it! In that moment I realized – I accepted that part of me that was judged before. I wasn’t being perfect, I simply accepted that I’m doing things the way I’m doing them.
So here is what I believe:
- When you release self-judgement – you stop feeling judged.
- When you work on accepting all parts of yourself – you barely notice any judgement from the outside.
- Your self- acceptance needs to be more important than the opinions of others. Nobody has the right to impose on you how to live.
- You have the AUTHORITY over your own life. You live for yourself and those you chose to have in your life. You live to achieve your true potential according to you life’s path, not their wishes for you. It’s something you will never regret.
- The remedy to feeling judged is self acceptance.