Why Should You Find Your Own Sacred Space
We have in Phoenix a wonderful, spiritual retreat. It consists of the sacral buildings; the church, chapels, dorms, but it also has a huge, enclosed, desert area. While walking the paths, day or night, you can come upon benches hidden in the trees, a labyrinth, gazebos, sculptures, and bunnies hopping here and there. Every time I’m coming here I find peace and comfort.
You can find sacred everywhere you want to see it, but there is something about this piece of land, maybe because it was designated for contemplation: the spirit of this place helps me to get in touch with a deeper dimension within.
“We are multidimensional spiritual beings” Dr. Robert Anthony
I feel deep gratitude for the presence of this dimension in my life, and I feel what a difference it makes on all levels, when I’m in touch with it.
Here is why it benefits us when we find or create the sacred space for ourselves:
- it allows for spending time alone, which is essential for hearing our own voice, inner wisdom, our genius
- it lowers blood pressure, releases stress (the cause of over 80 % of all disease)
- it get’s us in touch with the dimension bigger than us
- it instills a sense of deep balance
- it builds a reservoir of peace (this is a reservoir you also build when you are meditating)
I would love to hear from you… Do you have a sacred space you visit regularly? Please tell us in the comments how is it helping you.