9 Ways To Change Your Limiting Beliefs (also those you don’t realize you have). Part Two.
Choose one way that resonates with you, one you are drawn to. Not necessarily one that logically makes sense. Overcomplicating won’t work. It’s better to focus on one thing, and engage fully. This will be more helpful than staying on the surface of 20 other things.There are many methods of transforming your limiting beliefs into empowering ones.
It’s often not clear to us, that some of our thoughts, some of our beliefs are limiting. If there is an area of life we struggle with, we often think “this is how things are”,” this is the reality.” How in this case do we even know there is something to change? Here is my previous post about limiting beliefs.
Types of limiting beliefs: a. Conscious. b. Inherited and/or subconscious. c. Result of lack of knowledge
Changing a limiting belief to an empowering belief.
Removing the blocks.
1 ) Two step process – the simplest way:
1. Admit the problem is in your thinking (and admit that your thinking isn’t working on behalf of your wellbeing)
2. Make a decision to turn it around ( taking a responsibility, knowing that you have an access to your inner wisdom, inner guidance, that will lead you to the place of empowerment)
Here you can get a pdf that will help you in this process: 45 questions to change your limiting beliefs
Don’t expect though that in each case it will be a fun process. “Beliefs are actually biological constructs in the body. Our cells contain our memory banks” says Christiane Northrup M.D. Your thinking patterns in your brain will need to be changed, rewired. That’s why change sometimes literally hurts.
What about the limiting beliefs that though they run our lives, sit deep inside our subconscious? The beliefs that are inherited, those we are unaware of, unless something brings them to the surface ?
They may even not be logical at all, therefore we can’t change them through logical thinking.
The energy work and spiritual work will help here.
Below are several methods that may help you to free yourself from limiting beliefs. Please don’t do them all at once. Choose one and work with it for couple weeks, and above all: choose one that speaks to you.
2) Hypnotherapy / hypnosis – is like coaching for the subconscious mind. Knowing that your conscious mind is about 15-20%, and subconscious about 80% of your mind, isn’t it a good idea to take care of the larger part? A clinical hypnotherapist, like me, will help you to discover what your limiting beliefs are. This may happen during an initial coaching session or during the hypnosis session, which feels exactly like a gentle guided visualization. It is not uncommon to rid off blocks and limitations without even realizing what they are.
There are therapies specifically helpful in breaking conflicting beliefs or blocks: Parts therapy, or Regression Therapy which may allow you to go back to the moment of forming limiting belief and release it. Metaphorically or not… (seek a trained practitioner)
Subconscious intervention – part hypnotherapy, part kinesiology (muscle testing) discovers when the negative decisions were made and help to clear them. Addresses issues of not being lovable or not enough. Clears the energetic point of negative emotions. (work with a trained practitioner)
3) Meditation on chakras – opening, clearing and reviving the energetic centers of your body. May not make you aware of what your hidden beliefs are, but it will help life’s energy to flow with more ease through your body which will reflect in your life. (do it yourself, or with self hypnosis recordings)
4) Reiki – energy work. Restores the energy flow in the physical, spiritual, emotional and/or mental body. Removes energy blocks. Restores balance and promotes healing. (work with a practitioner)
5) EFT – emotional freedom technique. Very simple. Done by tapping on the meridian points on your body.
6) Regular meditation practice. Meditation like vipassana, insight, tonglen, mindfulness, zen give us plenty of time to notice our attachments and release them. Meditation magnifies truth and brings your awareness to your body, strengthening mind, body ,spirit connection and communication.
Spiritual – for the patient ones
It was amazing to me what changes I made in my life, while working with the following programs. They seem embedded in religions, but what they do is – they offer psychological mind training and tools for better life. They are excellent tools to greater self knowledge and clarity. As a religion-free person – I approve!
I list those that helped me, were free, and made a big impact on my own life.
7) A Course in Miracles – a book that serves our awakening and allows us to live more conscious lives. ACIM is best read and studies in groups – perhaps you will find a meet-up in your area?
Marianne Williamson is the world’s most famous teacher of the course. Her most popular book is “A return to Love” and “Ten Bridges to Transformation”
8) The Living Kaballah system – You can study Kaballah in many ways, it’s possible you will need to buy the books or recordings.
Psychological / spiritual
9) Develop healthy self esteem. Pay attention how each of your daily choices reflects your self esteem. Acting from high self esteem will lead you to realization that you deserve more. More than your limiting beliefs tell you.
Things still don’t work? Check if you are working on the right level.
If you happen to change your limiting beliefs please comment below how did it happen, what it took, what helped? Is there anything you think I didn’t cover?