How to have more self-discipline while working from home.
Do you struggle with self- discipline, creativity, and productivity when working from home?
There is one habit that helps. I’m sure you know it, you heard about it. I’m sure you practiced it before. But we – naturally – like to forget.
This is the Morning Ritual… morning routine… The Miracle Morning
After 18 years of working from home (12 of which at home and car, in sales) I noticed a pattern: when I start the day this way – my day is more purposeful and productive. When I forget and stay in bed longer – no way I’m going to have a great day.
What happens in the morning ritual?
The classic ingredients are: meditation, exercise, journaling, reading, visualization, affirmation.
But you can create your own set (I like watching the garden and birds taking a bath in my fountain)
This is a lot to do – you may say – how much time do I need for all of this!??
Well, Do you have 10 minutes or one hour?
If I was just starting, and had limited time and limited focus, I’d make it very simple:
- I’d pick just two elements: meditation and exercise
- I’d set a timer for 5 minutes for each activity, as a minimum baseline.
- I’d stick to it for a few weeks to see what happens.
Why do something that is not related to your work?
- The morning rituals help to have better focus: by doing something on purpose first thing in the morning.
- Meditation and exercise increase neurotransmitters that have positive impact on both, the body and mind.
- Creating this easy habit, helps us to create other positive habits that were previously more difficult to create.
- You get something DONE first thing in the morning. This little “success” makes you note: I can get things done. One little success fuels another.
Related blogs: Your attention is the currency. Create a better focus
Personally, if I don’t pay attention I can easily lose focus and become the queen of procrastination. I am not very well equipped for working for myself for the past 18 years. I have many interests. I tend to read 20 books at a time. But I’m much less capable of being employed and having a boss. So I need to have the self discipline. Morning rituals make the biggest difference.
But there are other helpful things:
- strategies to handle PROCRASTINATION.
- Having everything scheduled IN A WAY that works.
I notice many people resist having a schedule, which leads to overwhelm, anxiety, forgetfulness. And an overworked brain that tries to remember everything.
I am creating a small e-course to outsmart procrastination, so stay in touch or write to me with the specific issue you have, so I know I have everything addressed. And if you need help NOW, please schedule your 30 min consultation here www.calendly.com/jopr