The Dangers Of Past Life Regression [ and why you should do it anyway]
Many people are fascinated by the idea of past life regression. Others like to argue, using logic – which is completely useless here – that, intellectually reincarnation doesn’t make sense. But in the end, it doesn’t matter if what you see in past life regression is true. What matter is: did it help you today, in your current life? How could it help?
- It can resolve some of your life’s mysteries, allow you to gain more self knowledge.
- It often helps to conquer phobias, nightmares.
- It can alleviate or eliminate pain and sometimes even physical conditions that doctors couldn’t find explanation for.
- It also may be a play time: like borrowing a time machine, it’s like jumping on a roller coaster that is taking us thru dimensions, thru time and places, or like walking thru a portal that takes us to a different dimension.
- It can allow you to see your life from a different perspective, maybe even see the contracts you have been “assigned” in this life.
- You can be taken not only to the past but also to the future and to the space in between lives.
- It may help in the process of grieving and forgiveness.
- But since you never know what to expect, this kind of hypnosis can also help to open you up emotionally, touching a place you forgot about. It can be an experience that is purifying, healing on many levels. And you may cry.
3/4 of Americans believe in life after death and 1/4 in reincarnation – from a 2009 survey. Almost half claim
to have a spiritual or mystical experience and believe that miracles happen.
Past life regression is the only type of hypnotherapy technique, that we can call a therapy (regression therapy, age regression therapy)
ONE THING TO REMEMBER is that the images you see cannot be used in a court, and we do not treat them as literal. Your subconscious mind communicates with you often thru metaphors, and can bring to you images or feelings that would be helpful for your goal you set for the regression.
It is also being said, that your subconscious will not show you images you are not ready to handle. That was for some time my fear, because as a sensitive person I know, that once I see something disturbing – I have hard time to forget it. In the sessions I have participated in, either as a client or as a hypnotherapist, I was aware of possibly disturbing image, but my mind didn’t show it to me, rather it was “suggested” and I understood what might have happened. When my clients were going thru some painful moments in the lives, they could be crying, they expressed the pain, but the awareness of those situations helped the persons to understand their current issue. And there is something we hypnotherapist say when guiding a session that allows the client to stay in a safe place.
Sometimes the regression may upset you for days after… this was a case with a woman who went thru 4 lifetimes in our session, and was really unhappy afterwards. The events in her life and the world in the following days put her into the state of depression and hopelessness. Until one morning (a week after the session) everything clicked for her, and the insights from the past lives helped her to make sense of everything that was happening around, and she had a renewed faith in her own power and abilities…
PLR is one of my most favorite hypnotherapy techniques, if clients are open to it. More here.
Here is a link to a light, good and general article in NYTimes.com