What to be Aware of Before Past Life Regression
Many people are fascinated by the idea of past life regression. Others like to argue, using logic – completely useless here – that reincarnation doesn’t make sense. But in the end, it doesn’t matter if you believe in past lives. You tried everything else to resolve an issue, and nothing worked. The subconscious blocks are so deep you can’t resolve it in simple coaching… Time for a regression.
What matters in regression: did it help you in life today?
How can it help?
- It can resolve some of your life’s mysteries. Know and understand yourself deeper.
- Regression helps to conquer phobias, nightmares.
- It can alleviate or eliminate pain and sometimes even physical conditions.
- Regression may amaze you… like borrowing a time machine, it’s like jumping on a roller coaster that is taking us thru dimensions, thru time and places, or like walking thru a portal that takes us to a different dimension.
- This type of hypnosis can allow you to see your life from a different perspective, maybe even see the contracts you have been “assigned” in this life.
- You can be taken not only to the past but also to the future and to the space in between lives.
- It may help in the process of grieving and forgiveness.
- But since you never know what to expect, this kind of hypnosis can also help to open you up emotionally, touching a place you forgot about. It can be an experience that is purifying, healing on many levels.
What do we believe in?
3/4 of Americans believe in life after death and 1/4 in reincarnation – from a 2009 survey. Almost half claim to have a spiritual or mystical experience and believe that miracles happen.
Past life regression is the only type of hypnotherapy technique, that we can call a therapy (regression therapy, age regression therapy * )
Norm Shealy, American neurosurgeon, calls it;
the most powerful psychotherapy technique.
What do you need to be aware of when exploring the past lives?
1. Don’t take it literally. It’s a symbol. Not evidence. In the process, we become aware of images from other times, other places. Just like in age regression experiences will come to the surface. ONE THING TO REMEMBER is that the images you see cannot be used as evidence. We do not treat them as literal. They MAY BE, but they may be not. What matters is that it healed you. Our subconscious mind communicates with us often thru metaphors. The subconscious will make us aware of certain situations, maybe symbolic situations, to help us in the goal we set for the process.
2. Establish a goal for the regression. There has to be a goal set for the process. It’s much more helpful than to go in out of curiosity.
3. You will feel the feelings. Many people go thru an emotional experience. In the relaxed state, you actually FEEL the emotions in a deeper way, than you would, simply imagining it in a waking state of consciousness. You also learn the lesson, extract wisdom from the situation.
4. You will only see what is useful to see. We all are afraid of what we are going to see in our minds eye.
It is also being said, that your subconscious will not show you images you are not ready to handle. That was my fear. Once I see something disturbing – I have hard time to forget it. In the sessions I have participated in, either as a client or as a hypnotherapist, I was aware of possibly disturbing image, but my mind didn’t show it to me, rather it was “suggested” and I understood what might have happened.
When my clients were going thru some painful moments in the lives, they could be crying, they expressed the pain, but the awareness of those situations helped the persons to understand their current issue. Because it’s a conversational hypnosis, the hypnotherapist that guide you thru the experiences knows that you feel uneasy and can compassionately help you stay in a safe place.
Sometimes the regression may upset you for days after… this was a case with a woman who went thru 4 lifetimes in our session, and was really unhappy afterwards. The events in her life and the world in the following days put her into the state of depression and hopelessness. Until one morning (a week after the session) everything clicked for her, and the insights from the past lives helped her to make sense of everything that was happening around, and she had a renewed faith in her own power and abilities…
5. You have a free will also in hypnosis. In my personal experience, when I used regression therapy to resolve my own pain, I became aware of the possible danger that awaited me, as if I was visiting the scene remembering, and I have chosen – in the regression – not to proceed. My hypnotherapist gently pushed me so I could resolve the issue, but I wasn’t ready to “see” it, so I didn’t “go” there. It’s good to know you don’t have to proceed to places you are not ready to visit.
6. Are there any contraindications? We react to experiences in an individual way. While there is nothing that contraindicates hypnosis or PLR, aside of a serious mental illness, some people may be more upset than others. IF YOU FEEL STRONGLY you should not do it – don’t. There are other ways that may be more gentle and also healing for you. Don’t force yourself into something that was great for someone else, but you don’t feel it.
7. If you have a block… There are people that don’t respond to regression. They have a block or simply are not aware of anything. If that happens in my sessions I proceed with a different guided meditation/ visualization technique, to bring clarity to the situation.
PLR is one of my most favorite hypnotherapy techniques, if clients are open to it. If you are interested in it please write to me or call. When scheduling please pick “hypnotherapy” option. It takes about 2.5 hours. More here.
Here is a link to a light, good and general article in NYTimes.com
Disclaimer * Even though past life regression can called a therapy or psychotherapy technique most hypnotherapists who are trained in it, are not therapists, mental health practitioners, or psychotherapists.